1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adjusting the Final Crimp Station on a Hornady 366

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rollnblock, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollnblock

rollnblock Member

what part do you have adjusted all the way? the outside should be adjusted down to almost hitting when handle is down. the center rod should come to about 5/16 to a 1/4 inch of thread sticking out. it looks like the center rod is not low enough to push in the crimp area.

2. 333t

333t Member

The final crimp die is spring loaded. I have mine adjusted so that it just touches the shell plate (no hulls in plate) when the handle is down. Then adjust the center punch (small threaded bolt on top) downward until you get the right amount of crimp depth. About the thickness of a dime is about right for the crimp depth.

Phil

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

There are two adjustments. You have only used one of them. Set the center rod to the proper depth. HMB

4. BunkerGuy

BunkerGuy TS Member

I found a quick way to set the final crimp station is adjust the plunger so that the top is flush with the top of the locking nut, then screw the body into the head casting until the crimp is satisfactory. This setting minimizes the side crushing problems with weak-sided hulls and is a very simple set up when you are frequently changing die sets.

Initially, I hand-scale a shell, then move it over to the final crimp station with the crimper set high and then walk it in. Unless I can figure out what I did with my measurement data...

- - Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adjusting 366 crimp

hornady 366 crimp die adjustments

hornady crimp adjustment