1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adjusting POI

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by judson, Jun 7, 2013.

1. judson

judson Active Member

May 13, 2012
    Naperville, IL
    When trying to adjust my POI on the pattern board I have to place my butt pad and comb all the way down to get my pattern to shoot close to 60/40 which I prefer. Any tips to adjust the gun so I don't have to have the butt pad and/or comb all the way down for flatter shooting? It is a Beretta 687 top single.
    Thanks for the tips...
  2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Raise the height of the front sight. HMB
  3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2007
    Wauwatosa Wisconsin
    The way I do it is I have a portion of old rib that I epoxy in front of the original bead so it stands up higher. I than drill a hole in the added rib and tap it and use the original bead.

Hmb is correct, all you need is to raise the front part of the barrel. If you ever want to take the added rib part off just heat it.

Ask any gunsmith if he has a piece of rib laying around that you can have about an inch long or use a different piece of metal.

Instead of drilling and taping for a new bead purchase one of those magnetic front sites.
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
  4. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Brillion, WI

Raising the front sight one way or another may work but you may also start paying too much attention to the front bead rather than hard focusing on the targets. Or, you may continuibe used to shooting using the barrel rather than the front bead to create sight pictures, with our eye focused correctly on the target.

You may be better off having a short (1/4" or so) add-on rib installed on top of your existing rib. It could be tapered in the front if you like to raise the POI and/or made with enough height so you could raise your comb a little.

Check out http://www.keensights.com. Give Vicki a call. Keen Sights is highly praised by their customers.

5. victoria K

victoria K Member

Jan 29, 1998
    We here at KeenSights make custom add-on shotgun ribs. Everything we do is custom for each individual customers needs. We can build you an add on rib with a pitch built into it to help lower your point of impact and a little taller rib will also
    give you back some adjustment in your comb (assuming it's now all the down)

If i can be of any assistance just give me a shout Vicki Keen of KEENSIGHTS