1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adjusting adjustable comb

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dmarbell, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I have a 303 trap model with 4-way adjustable comb. I have seen people use washers for the height adjustment, to be able to set the adjustment consistently. Even if the comb loosens, you can still finish the station with the comb on the washers and tighten between stations.

Is there a way to fix the sideways adjustment similarly? Or, do you just bear down on the hex screw and hope for the best?

Danny

2. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Duct tape.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Danny- You could probably design and make some spacers to fit into the cast off/on grooves but I doubt this is necessary. I would also advise you not to "bear down on the hex screw". You can easily put enough pressure on the screw to damage it. I believe nuts and bolts should be firmly tightened and then given a little snug. You should never apply all of the pressure you can to these parts.

Pat Ireland

4. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

Danny

Once you have it adjusted 1 drop of Locktite does the trip.

Gavin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.