1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adjusting a BT-99 Plus ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RDM, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RDM

RDM TS Member

Got a BT-99 plus, and shot it for the first time last Sat. night. Didn't do to bad but could have done alot better. The ones I broke I didn't break very hard (big pieces). The ones I missed I felt like I was on the target, but also felt like I was shooting under them, and even had guys watching saying that they felt like I was shooting under them also.

So I have raised the rear of my rib. I hope that this will make me shoot a little higher.

Did I do the right thing by riasing the rear of the rib?
    Just trying to get the gun to hit where I point it.

Thanks.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Does the gun have an adjustable comb?

3. showdawg

showdawg TS Member

raise comb as well to raise poi.

4. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Raising the rear of the rib only serves to change the sight picture that you see. ie.how your beads line up. To lower the POI you need to lowers the comb, or raise the front sight...or both.

I would first shoot a pattern board to see where the POI really is. Then adjust from there.

Hope this helps.

5. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

RDM,

On my 99 Plus I lowered the front of the rib and then started raising

the comb until I got a 90/10 pattern. Rear of the rib doesn't have enough

adjustment. But, you have to have access to a pattern board to do this.

Adjustments can be made on the spot. Thats why Browning supplied the punch

to knock out the roll pin in the front. Also did the same with Citori

Plus. Worked like a charm for me. It just depends how high you want your

POI to be.

Mike C.

Groveland, CA

6. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

The manual is on the Browning website. It does a pretty good job explaining the adjustments for the BT-99 Plus (see link)

7. RDM

RDM TS Member

My comb is adj., and I have the front of the rib as low as it will go and have raised the back of the rib. I have set the comb to give me a clear line of sight down the barrel. I think I am on the right track with what you folks are telling me.

8. Borderland

Borderland Member

BT99 Plus & Citori Plus have adjustments of 3 6 9 & 12 inches high and anything in between plus the comb height will affect all this also. Rib all the way down in front and all the way up in the rear and the comb set for figure 8 picture has an approximate POI of 12 inches high. Of course many factors of gun fit affect the POI

Ken

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

From my experience if you're busting out the bottoms..put a full 1/4" under the comb and try it...my bet is smoke as long as you're pattern is centered left to right on paper...the spacer is going change the gun from something patterning probably 50/50 for you to more like 70/30...if it makes you more comfortable go up 1/8" first then add 1/16" washers until you are centering targets hard...good luck..you've got one of the most capable guns for the money on the trapline

10. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I have had about a half dozen plusses both Citori and BT-99. Be very careful driving out that front rib pin. Use the correct sized roll pin punch (unless you have the browning factory tool that came with the gun) That set up in my opinion is the worst feature of an otherwise great trap gun. Many a Plus rib has been damaged by ham fisted trap shooters. They are fragile and bend EASILY.

JK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning bt 99 plus review

browning bt 99 plus reviews

browning bt 99 reviews
bt 99 plus
bt 99 plus review
bt 99 plus reviews
bt-99 plus review
bt99 plus review