1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ADJUSTIBLE BUTT PLATE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by knutershooter, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knutershooter

knutershooter Member

Can anyone elaborate on the advantages of an adjustible butt plate? Can you change poi with it or mainly for comfort and fit. I really don't want to change POI but have some difficulty getting in the same comfortable spot each time mounting gun.

2. citadel

citadel Active Member

They are very helpful as the correct positioning of the recoil pad and the butt of the gun will permit you to mount the gunn in exactly the same place each time you bring it to your shoulder. No more messing around trying to find the best fit and finding it necessary to cant the gun to get a good fit. Just move teh pad around to the correct place and then you can leave it there. When fitted correctly the gun just dops into the right place each time. In addition by dropping the recoil pad downward you bring up the butt of the gun so that you do not have to bend your face way over the stock but rather the comb is pushed up higher and you can rest your cheek on the comb in a more "head up" position.

Works for me.
    Doug

3. knutershooter

knutershooter Member

Any significant change in POI? Just looking for comfort

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

When I adjust my pad adjuster I have noticed it will change the height of the poi.

5. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

No, no change in POI. For that, get an adjustable comb which can regulate the relatinship of your eye to the rib. This will adjust your POI.

An adjustable butt will allow you to properly place the butt pad in your shoulder pocket and place your cheek firmly on the comb without having to crawl into the stock...that is, without having to lower your face.

Optimally, you want to have your head upright and level with the gun in your shoulder pocket and your eye directly behind the center of the rib. How high or low your eye is with respect to the rib will give you higher or lower POI.

6. knutershooter

knutershooter Member

THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.