1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

adjustable stocks and recoil reducers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Charles L. Schmidt, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

Vern has always provided me with a couple pitch spacers each time I bought a PFS from him. And I believe you don't see this type of mechanical adjustment because nobody has come up with anything that works better than the spacer. Usually the more simple the better. cls

2. idoc

idoc Member

When I met Vern in San Antonio he refit my stock. The first thing he did was increase the pitch by about 2 inches.............Rich

3. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

You do not see pitch adjusting mechanisms on otherwise adjustable stocks because of the complciated mechanisms that would be necessary. Consider: The mechanism would need to have a hinge in the middle with a mechanism, probably threaded, adds weight and would require holes to be bored in the stock.

To also provide drop at the heel and cast adjustments, a separate mechanism would need to be installed, adding even more weight. The the thing would be a monstrosity.

Rollin

4. geepee

geepee TS Member

If you go to the G-Squared Shockmaster web site... on the home page you can click on more info about parallel stocks and it has a very informative article about face to stock that you may find to be useful.....later

5. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Mac,

Tapered spacers are fine if you can tolerate the additional stock length they add.

Rollin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.