1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ADJUSTABLE STOCK, BEST WAY TO SET IT UP???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    I purchased an adjustable stock the other day that came off beretta 303 trap gun. i put it on my beretta al2 and it fits fine. i have used an adjustable stock before. what is the correct way to get my gun shooting where i am looking? is their a correct procedure to follow?
    steve balistreri

2. senior smoke

correction, I HAVE NOT USED AN ADJUSTABLE STOCK BEFORE!
    STEVE

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

Steve if the al2 was hitting where you wanted it. The first step would be to take measurements from that set up and configure your new stock to match. That should get you back to familiar territory and from there you can make small adjustments to get things exactly the way you like. A word of advice make small changes and only 1 at a time until you get a chance to test your change on targets. Then if need be move on to your next change or go back to where you were. That way it is easier to undo a wrong change.

--- Chip King ---

4. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

Hello Senior Smoke,

The best procdure to set up this adjustable stock on your beretta al2
    is ship it to me with several cases of shells.

Only joking, do as chip suggested and only one at a time.

Birddog

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Start at home. Get the stock so the comb height feels good and the cast off so that the sights are aligned. Make sure the comb is either level or slightly tipped forward. Then shoot the thing on handicap until you get it right. It can take several thousand registered birds to make sure everything is fine tuned. Also, be aware that if it fits great with heavy cloths on, it might not fit so good when we can finally dress like humans.

Pat Ireland

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

1. Take a trip to the patterning board. From 13 yards shoot enough shells to ensure that the gun shoots straight from left to right.
    2. Next set the POI height to what you like. Start at 13 yards and finnish at 40 yards.
    3. Next go to the trap field and set the machine on straight aways from sta. 3.
    And shoot some targets inorder to fine tune the POI. HMB

7. senior smoke

Pat Ireland:
    i am left handed and i placed the adjustable stock on my gun. the stock has natural left hand cast so i lucked out. the stock is all the way down and i see the exact same sight picture as my regular stock. the guy who sold me the stock sent me spacers 1/32 each in height. the stock is straight. you mention straight or slightly tipped forward?? why tipped forward, i'm curious? also alot of people say to pattern from 13 yards, why?
    steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.