1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

adjustable rib

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by winselect, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winselect

winselect TS Member

Whats the purpose of an adjustable rib?
    Kevin

2. winselect

winselect TS Member

Man, whatever happened to looking down the barrel and pulling the trigger. Everyone talks about shooting flat, and 60/40, 50/50, 70/30, and all that. I just want to point the barrel pull the trigger and watch the target breay.
    Kevin

3. winselect

winselect TS Member

Sounds like you need to learn, money and high dollar guns dont make you shoot better. But I beat you sure look good though
    K

4. winselect

winselect TS Member

Thanks 24str8, thats what I was looking for, Im new at all this and it seems to many people just want to give smart ass answers, Im trying to learn. Can adjustable ribs be added on or is it a factory onlt item?
    Kevin

5. winselect

winselect TS Member

Thanks guys I appreciate the help, Shooting is what I need the most. I have a select with 28" barrels. It feels really light on the end, so I ordered another one with 32" barrels, cant wait for it to get here so I can try it out. They are so cheap I thought what the hell, I will have a spare, then give it to my son next year.
    Kevin

6. winselect

winselect TS Member

Thanks Maclellan, your right about jumping the gun on the 28". Oh well I have another one on the way with 32", figure I need a spare anyway, plus my 11 yr. old son will be ready for a 12ga. before long. I can say I havent found anything about the select I dont Like.
    Kevin

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Interesting question.

A few years back I too found comfort in a DB-81 topsingle. shot it well enough.
    But, wanted to try an unsingle. Bought a nice mx-15. Got it all set up and shot it well. Then I decided I wanted to put my DB-81 o/u barrel on the mx-15 for a combo. What a mess, adjusting the comb all the time.... Finally, I just pulled the center pin on the adjustable rib, put both the front and rear clips to the top and put a 'Chicago screw" thru the middle and it was just what I wanted...

Jim

8. winselect

winselect TS Member

Well like I said Im new to all this, but common sense has told me to buy a gun with an adjustable comb and I wont need an adjustable rib. You can move the comd to change the way you see down the rib, or you can move the rib to cahnge how you see down the rib.Sounds to me like something else to sell.
    Kevin

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

PerazziBigBore - You have given sound advice above but keep in mind none of it applies to the adjustable rib on a K-80. That rib does not move, it moves the barrel.

I, like you, am also a big fan of Precision Fit Stocks.

Pat Ireland

10. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

A brand new Bowen gun with an adjustable rib costs about $3000 less than the same new gun with a fixed rib. The reason for this is the extra work necessary to get the fixed rib to shoot exactly where it is supposed to shoot. My own 25 year old P guns that were bought Used have fixed ribs that stay put. I am very fortunate that I have the right POI with a bit of rib showing so that my receiver does not wipe out a large area of view like I would get if the beads were superimposed one behind the other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.