1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adjustable Rib

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by EXFDX, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

So I'm having an adjustable rib installed on my Ljutic. What do I need to know/learn about adjustable ribs, and where can I go to find the info? If you have an AR, what do you know now you wish you'd known when you first got it? I like to learn from people who've been there.

Thanks, everyone,

Steve

2. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Steve: Keep in mind, the POI adjustment is still in the comb. The adjustable rib is only for "eye candy"-it gives your eye a nice figure eight with the beads so you know you have mounted correctly. To make it shoot higher, raise the comb and drop the front of the rib until you have the beads where you want them. To make it shoot lower(flat), drop the comb and raise the front of the rib until it is correct for your eye.

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Steve......It might have been a good idea to get those questions all answered BEFORE getting the rib. If your factory rib wasn't high enough and you don't have an adjustable comb then I think you did the right thing. Regardless....you will enjoy having it!

4. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

I do have an adjustable comb, but there is no more upward adjustment available. Effectively, it's no longer adjustable. Seems to me an adjustable rib moves the rear of the rib up which would allow me to play with the up/down movement at the front which would alter POI, no?

Thanks Roger and Hipshot -- I appreciate the input. But am I missing something here in my thinking? Haven't gotten the rib yet but I don't see how it would do anything but help.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.