1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

adjustable rib

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bird30, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

I am asking anyone that has a Keen adjustable rib on their gun how well do you like it ? I am not satisfied with the POI on my gun and intend to do something about it. I thank you for any comments.

Dave

2. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

Yup,got 2 of them, one on the BT99(80/20) and the other is a flat rib on my XT Trap, like both real well and would have another made for another trap gun if and when I get One. Neither of mine are adjustable, I don't think I need that feature. Woody Sullivan

3. 682 beretta

682 beretta Member

I have one on a 32 in. 303. I am VERY happy with it. Also I have a fixed rib on another 303 and am just as pleased. Call Vickie and tell her what you want and she will take care of you.
    Barney

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

You don't need an adjustable rib to change the POI on your gun.

You need an adjustable comb.

5. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

tim if your comb is all the way down and you want to lower your poi you need an adjustable rib.

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

bird30, if we knew what about the POI of your gun makes you dissatisfied we'd be better able to answer your question.

Neil

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess I assumed he needed a higher POI.

8. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

Well I see there are questions. I only asked how anyone liked Keen adjustable ribs. To answer your questions, I am shooting the tops off of birds or shooting over them with my new gun. I need to lower my POI and I don't want to guess how much to change a fixed rib so if I install a adjustable rib I can set it to my style of shooting. I shot a Model 12 for 30 years which shot flat or 50/50 or 0 ever how you look at it. I then bought a Beretta unsingle which shot 1 inch high at 13 yards. I shot it 31 years and now I have a Browning that shoots about 90/10 and I am having trouble because I am not use to that high of a POI. Thanks 682 beretta as you have answered my question.

9. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

428 hits and only one person has a Keen adjustable rib almost unbelieveable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.