1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adjustable Rib Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by moose!!!, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose!!!

moose!!! Member

I have a Beretta 682, there is a lot of rib visible between the two beads when I have it shooting the way I want it to, about 90-10. I would like to get a better sight picture with the two beads but the rib is not adjustable. Is there an economical way to add an adjustable rib or is there another way to get a figure 8 with the two beads Thanks for your inputs.

2. jbisinger

jbisinger Member

Why not simply replace the existing beads w/ larger/smaller ones to get the desired "look" Std.guns beads or even fishing lure beads epoxied onto old bead posts are possibilities. See Cabela's,etc catalogs for fishing beads.
    Jack

3. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Just use one of the many manufactures that make ribs that you can add on to your current rib.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Look up Keensights

5. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Yes, you can make a bump which is just a small piece of material like plastic put in place of you or over your mid bead. You can reattach or put a new mid bead on this higher piece of material which closes the gap between the two beads. It's an easy and low cost solution in bringing the figure 8 back into play.

Perazzi used this system on their MX-9 suppling different bump heights to allow for different poi's, As you know, when you raise poi you must raise the comb.

Just to give it a try, you can do this in front of the TV, take anything black and make it thick enough to touch the bottom of the front just as the mid bead would and tape it onto the rib with some black tape and go shoot it. Then you will see what I'm talking about, it works. Once you establish a bump will work then you can make something permanent.

Any of you guys reading this and want a higher poi while keeping the relationship between the beads, this is a no brainer, it works...............

Surfer

6. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I started shooting really good the summer I took all my beads off. With that much gap between the two it would work well for you. Just give it a try, you may like it.

7. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Stop looking at the beads and keep your eye on the target. The bead s are only a reference point to shoulder the gun.

8. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Seems that you could move the center bead forward to close the gap, if you must.

Ed Yanchok

9. victoria K

victoria K Member

Hi we make ribs for your problem all the time. if you would like to just see how a filler rib to take up the dead space would work try this. first get your gun's POI shooting where you want it to shoot then get some nickels and black electrical tape then stack and tape some nickels on the top of your rib (just before the downward taper in the back) stack them up until you see just the top of the nickels and the front tip of your rib. Now you will know how high you will need to go to take up the dead space in your rib by how many nickels it takes in the back. Then you can get a piece of balsa wood and cut it to the same height as the nickels in the back tapering it down to just about nothing up front, stop it right in front of your front bead. Now go shoot it and see how it feels, this way for only a few dollars you will know exactly how it will look and feel for you. if you need any help just give me a shout Good Luck Vicki Keen Keensights 661-703-1865

10. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Pulling the beads off work for some, but most can't get comfortable without at least a front bead, just like they can't with a gap between thebeads. Where a beadless barrel breaks down is in low light where you have no idea where the barrel is in relation to the target. If you're under sun or night lights everythings Ok, but move into darkness like we do shooting games at night, well good luck........

There's a reason for bright colored pipe lit beads. It always gets back to what works for me, may not for you and visa versa.

Surfer

11. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

One reason why ajustable ribs are popular.

12. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I have a flat rib on my gun and see a lot of space between the beads.
    It's never bothered me and it has some advantages. It's easy to see where
    the gun is pointing. Because your dominant eye sees a lot of the rib, there's less chance your non-dominant eye, which sees the entire side of the receiver and barrel, will take over.
    Shoot it the way it is. You'll get used to it and probably like it better, like I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

jeg ljutic