1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

&& Adjustable Rib on TM-1 by DeVault Ind. &&

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Well this is a project that we have revived and it will be new work that DeVault Industries will be doing after the first of the year. We had a request to produce another adjustable rib on a TM-1 Perazzi barrel. The old rib was removed and a new adjustable rib was installed. The rib was made from 6061-T6 aluminum and coated. The second photo shows the adjustment tool and the adjustment hook-up in the back of the collar. The rib can adjust 9" to 11" in POI. No heat was applied to the barrel other than the bluing, this should maintain the integerity of the original barrel. No soldiering of new post that can cause the barrel to warp. Enjoy the photos and thank you for looking.

Dennis DeVault

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=tm1rib.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=tm1ribtool.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=tm1ribrear.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Nice work.

3. Dennis DeVault

The cost of the job with rebluing the barrel is $ 850.00.

Dennis DeVault

4. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

Dennis, is the finish on the top of the rib knurled???

tony

5. Dennis DeVault

Well this is a project that we have revived and it will be new work that DeVault Industries will be doing after the first of the year. We had a request to produce another adjustable rib on a TM-1 Perazzi barrel. The old rib was removed and a new adjustable rib was installed. The rib was made from 6061-T6 aluminum and coated. The second photo shows the adjustment tool and the adjustment hook-up in the back of the collar. The rib can adjust 9" to 11" in POI. No heat was applied to the barrel other than the bluing, this should maintain the integerity of the original barrel. No soldiering of new post that can cause the barrel to warp. Enjoy the photos and thank you for looking.

Dennis DeVault

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=tm1rib.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=tm1ribtool.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=tm1ribrear.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Nice work.

7. Dennis DeVault

The cost of the job with rebluing the barrel is $ 850.00.

Dennis DeVault

8. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

Dennis, is the finish on the top of the rib knurled???

tony

9. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Dennis do you do 32 and 34 inch and is there a problem doing a TMX Hieght? Post-2.

10. Dennis DeVault

Answering the last two post, the finish on top of the rib is done as a checkering pattern, each line is individually cut into the top of the rib. We do not have a problem doing a 32" or 34" barrel. The height is only restricted to what you as the customer needs. Only caution now is we will not be ready to do this on a regular basis until the first of the year. If you send a barrel in we can start the process but cannot finish until the the new year. I have two guys down with Swine Flu and another guy out with double knee replacement. Doing my best to keep up.

Dennis DeVault

11. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Thanks Dennis. Post-2

12. Doug Kennedy

Doug Kennedy Active Member

I have a TM1 that Dennis installed his rib on. I looks great and i'm very happy with it. Stu Wright and crew rebuilt the rest of the gun for me. Reblued it,nitrated the reciever and refinished the wood as well.

This weekend i'll get a couple of pictures of it and post them. The gun was on display at Wrights during the grand.

13. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

That's a mighty fine looking job Dennis!! I like that rib and the way it's attached and works!

Hap

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Dennis. Would you do my MX8 top single?

15. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Dennis, you can email if you prefer.

16. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

Dennis, why is there a center support post on this rib? What purpose does it have? You don't use this post on your other ribs like the infinity ribs?
    Tom

17. Dennis DeVault

Tom,

It is just a lateral support and serves no other purpose. It was a request by the customer to have it there. Thank you for the question.

Dennis

18. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Dennis,
    I'm very interested in your rib. I have a few question.
    1) Can/will you make a rib with a taper (narrowing as it goes forward)?
    2) With "no soldering" how do you secure the sleeve at the front and the rib
    pivot at the rear?
    3) Compatible with screw in chokes?

Thanks, Marc

19. Dennis DeVault

Marc,

At the current time we do not have fixtures to taper from back to the front. If I tapered the sides there would not be any material left in the front for the plunger. The front joint is held in place with adhesive and then pinned the same as all the other custom shotguns that we have built for years. Choke tubes do not present a problem with respect to the front collar. Thank you for the questions,

Dennis DeVault

20. Dennis DeVault

What you are looking at is packing grease that the camera picked up. When I took the photo I did not look at what was on the barrel. Sorry for the bad photo.

Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adjustable rib for tm 1

devault adjustable rib

devault adjustable rib for shotguns

devault adjustable rib shotguns