1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adjustable rib MX 10 Point of Impact 4 knotch

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by twostraight, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twostraight

twostraight Member

Anyone have a copy of the manual that comes with a four knotch rib MX 10 and expected point of impact with beads stacked for O/u barrel and top single? Thanks

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Two strate. I can fix you up. but busy now. Check back

3. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

pm me your email address and I will send you a pdf file

4. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Position 1. rear of the rib in lowest notch--front in highest notch = 0"

Position 2. rear of rib in 2nd. from bottom notch--front in second notch down
    = 3 1/8"

Position 3. rear of rib in 3rd notch up--front of rib in 3rd. notch down= 6 1/4"

Position 4. rear of rib in top notch--front of rib in bottom notch = 9 1/2 "

Vern

5. JACK

Sounds like Don andVern have you set up.Let meknow if youneed more input. I found the book.

6. twostraight

twostraight Member

Thanks guys

7. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

email sent to twostraight

8. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I don't supposed anyone has the same picture or info for an MX2005? Thanks

9. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Just to clarify once again...I am setting up my MX10, I have my comb all the way down (no spacers), I want to shoot at 70/30 pattern...so I set the rear to the bottom notch, and the front to the 2nd down, right???

Jack, I would appreciate a quick email with the pertinent chapter from the book, if not the whole owners manual, if you have a soft copy..thanks, LarryB (LBSHOOTIN@yahoo.com)...

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The rib notches has everything to do with Point Of Impact + sight Picture being the same everytime you change the rib.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Would we all, including self, be less confused/communicate better re. expected POI from a particular gun by describing the approximate amount of space seen between beads when they are aligned, not in a figure 8? Would not the geometry of the gun give the same POI for anybody, no matter how the rib was set, if a figure 8 were seen? In other words, the notch settings would produce differing POI for differing people (of differing proportions, of course) assuming the comb was not moved?

So....would it not be best to first set the comb for comfort and bead alignment both laterally and vertically (start with a figure 8) and work from there and disregard where what POI the notches bring, just then adjust them until what you want is what you get...would be different for each shooter.

12. JACK

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Chango2, You are absolutely correct! That is the best way to describe point of impact. X inches at X yards with a fig8 bead alignment. POI will still vary a little because "Fig 8" is not always seen the same, but it's closer than this 70/30, 80/20 stuff.

I swear MIA is a walking Perrazi Library!

14. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

When Perazzi gives you those diagrams, they assume you will be looking flat down the rib. In that position, the beads are buried. In fact, if you look closely, you will see the top of the front bead above the mid bead. That is how they achieve consistency. Unfortunately, they stopped telling everyone about it. If you start with Fig8 beads, your POI is going to be higher than what they illustrate.

Now for adjusting: if you move the rear of the rib up one notch, you must adjust the front of the rib down one notch, AND add 2mm of spacers under the comb. They do mention this in the manual. Only then will you get the POI they depict in the diagrams.

Remember, every notch adjustment requires a matching 2mm of spacers under the comb. Raise the rear three notches? Then lower the front by three notches and add 6mm of spacers under the comb. If you lower the rear by 2 spaces, raise the front by two and take 4mm of spacers out. It is really quite simple.

Now, there is no law that says you have to do it this way. If you want only a small adjustment, only change the rib. Changing only the comb makes a larger adjustment. It works about this way: one notch of the rib accounts for about 1/3 to POI change and the 2mm of spacers accounts for 2/3.

Also bear in mind the length of your barrel will affect the amount of POI shift.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi shotgun point of impact chart