1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*** ADJUSTABLE RECOIL PAD ***

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goose2, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Who makes the best adjustable pad plate. I would like one that adjusts in all directions and adjusts through the pad.
    Thanks in advance.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

100 Straight makes an awful nice one that does everything you described. I had one on a BT99 and it adjusted probably more than you'll ever use. It is a grind to fit deal. Came with a "T" handled allen wrench that adjusted it thru the pad. I used a Kick Eze pad and it worked great.

Matt

3. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Ken Rucker @ Speedbump Stockworks gets my business.
    Jimmy

4. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

Todd Nelson, the Country Gentleman from Alabama is the original through the pad guy who everyone trys to copy. There is a reason - think about it. Go with the BEST, contact Todd. Tell him BIG PAPA told you to contact him.

5. nascarfan888

nascarfan888 TS Member

I have a graco and it adjust in all directions but I don't think it reduce recoil enough, but maybe I can adjust the spring tension. I had Aaoron nelson from Country Gentleman put on mine. I have heard good things about Ken Ruckers speed Bump pad. It has a Hydralic cylinder instead of a spring you might want to look into that one if you want recoil reduction

John

6. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

The 100 Straight adjusts for drop, cast and cant. It is cheap and light with through-the-pad feature.

Doc

7. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Does the 100 straight stay tight? and is there any way any of these can be black in color when finished?

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The 100 Straight had a grit type suface on both pieces that face each other so that when adjusted it stays tight. I never had any problem with it coming loose. I'm sure it could be painted or powder coated Black after the piece was finshed to fit your gun stock. I paid around $62 from Gamaliel's.

Matt

9. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I have Graco adjustable on both my guns and am very pleased with them, but I don't think they would qualify as "through the pad". Jack

10. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

Whatever Tron uses. It is perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

speed bumps recoil pads