1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adjustable recoil pad system- which one?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Aussie Dan, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

I am looking at buying an adjustable pad system for my gun, and have been checking out the add a rib line of systems.

I was thinking about the through the Braun through the pad style, ( comparable to 100 straight and jones) I don't want to adjust the length just the height and cast.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I thought the through the pad would be more convenient than their other versions?

2. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

I have 100 Straight on three of my guns. Works great. Have extra plates with pads for winter shooting.

3. BD457

BD457 Member

+1 on the 100 straight.

4. Fred Neal

Fred Neal Member

Hello
    The add a rib products are as good as anyone's and the people there are good to work with. Joe and Ray are good people and I have used several of thier products on several guns a they are great.
    Fred

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I sort of am married to the original Jones Adjuster non thru the pad unit...I'm short in stature and arm length and since the Jones is only .25" thick I am able to get away a lot of times with just adding the unit with a thinner recoil pad to keep my LOP the same...I hate cutting pretty wood and its always important to me to be able to go back to original condition for resale purposes

6. vdt

vdt Active Member

Graco 580 ,that is what i use

7. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Depending how much you want to drop the pad may determine what style will work best. If you're casing yor gun in a hard case and certain soft cases, your gun may not fit with the pad lowered to its maximum adjustment. This is where a through the pad adjustment comes into play as it allows you to center the pad before casing your gun. Most people using this style pad scribe a line onto the mounting plate making it easy to return the pad to its original adjustment when the gun is pulled from its case .

All the adjustable butt plates available are good quality, there's no junk. Some have slightly different dimensions which could work for or against you.

Surfer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

jones recoil plate

original jones adjuster
original jones pad adjuster

recoilsystems adjustible recoil pad