1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

adjustable comb/spacers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mich746, Jun 9, 2013.

1. mich746

mich746 Member

What is the reason some use spacers under there comb and others do not.
    My first adjustable comb gun is coming, my thinking spacers would be the way to go to prevent movement and easily raise if I ever needed for handicaps. I need some schooling on comb adjustments (I understand raising my comb will raise my POI)

2. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Spacers give you easier repeatability of settings.

Lets say you use one setting for singles and another for Handicap. Lot easier to add or remove spacer(s) that to remember and look for the marks.

Also if the screw(s) loosen all you need to do is hold the comb down and re- tighten screws, rather than realigning marks or even having to shoot at the patterning board again.

You move the comb in the way you want the POI to move. As you noted if you want the POI higher you raise the comb.

If you align the beads or look straight down the rib at one bead and the gun does not shoot straight the barrel needs to be made to shoot straight. You can adjust the comb but the gun will then only shoot right at the distance you zeroed it at.

Jason

3. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

A little suggestion for you.

Once you determine the correct heighth you like for each Singles and Handicap, have a machinist buddy of yours turn up two each of the total highth you will use. Two for Caps, and two for singles.

I did this a lot for guys. I made two out of aluminum, and two out of brass so the guys could determine which were which by just looking at them.

By having the solid spacers, you won't be fumbling around with little spacer build ups each time you change.

Good luck, Dave in SC

Search tags for this page

adjustable comb spacers

adjustable comb washers

adjustable shotgun comb spacers