1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adjustable comb saw cuts (which looks best?)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tractorboy, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

As far as factory adjustable combs, I think the Krieghoff looks best and the Perazzi looks worst. What do you think?

Is there anyone who can do an aftermarket adjustable comb with "Krieghoff style" saw cut

2. high 2

high 2 Member

It`s the only way I will do them. Look at the web site, and give me a call. Larry

3. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

High2, I looked at your website and I really like the way you do the saw cut on your adjustable combs. I have a new gun on order and when it comes in, if the stock is too low, I will send it to you.

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

tractorboy..... Larry, above, does some of the nicest stock work I have ever seen. You can't go wrong with Cor-Kel... Just my personal experience.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. dogsnhorses

dogsnhorses TS Member

High 2,

How much weight does an adjustable comb add, about?

Thanks.

6. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

As far as factory adjustable combs, I think the Krieghoff looks best and the Perazzi looks worst. What do you think?

Is there anyone who can do an aftermarket adjustable comb with "Krieghoff style" saw cut

7. high 2

high 2 Member

It`s the only way I will do them. Look at the web site, and give me a call. Larry

8. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

High2, I looked at your website and I really like the way you do the saw cut on your adjustable combs. I have a new gun on order and when it comes in, if the stock is too low, I will send it to you.

9. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

tractorboy..... Larry, above, does some of the nicest stock work I have ever seen. You can't go wrong with Cor-Kel... Just my personal experience.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

10. dogsnhorses

dogsnhorses TS Member

High 2,

How much weight does an adjustable comb add, about?

Thanks.

11. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

I've got some hardware in front of me. I would guess with the epoxy it would add 7-9 oz. But it would be more if you hafta plug the stock.
    Jimmy

12. high 2

high 2 Member

I don't use epoxy to set my hardware. I've had it come loose in the past and it's always at the worst time when it does. I have a small machine shop and build my own hardware. Most of the time I use aluminum with stainless for the posts, but have had requests for more weight. I then can build all the hardware out of stainless for more weight. I would have to weight the hardware to be sure of the weight. Larry

13. blkfin

blkfin Member

Depending on where you are located, Allems Guncraft (PA) has done one for me and the workmenship was great. It was done on a Kreighoff and looks exactly like the factory cut. Great to deal with also. Mike K.

14. B.C.

B.C. Member

Larry's puts Allems to shame in my opinion

15. blkfin

blkfin Member

Don't know Larry or his work, but he must be really good if he makes John's work look shabby. Mike K.

16. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

Larry, the gun I have on order has 32" barrels so I will probably choose to go with all steel parts because I will probably be adding weight to the stock. But, when you can, would you please weight the parts and tell us how many ounces difference there is between all steel parts and steel/aluminum parts?

17. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Corkel and Allem deserve praise, but suggesting that Krieghoff looks the best is just personal preference on your part. Your thread title asks a question and your post gives your preference.

The real answer to the question is have the aftermarket look nearly like original factory and you will have best resale.

18. high 2

high 2 Member

I am out of the shop today. Having carpal tunnel tests done. I talk to the surgeon at 1PM. I'll weigh them in the morning. Thanks for the kind words guys, we work hard to turn out first rate work. Larry

19. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

There are quite a few that do great work. Take a hard look at Tron's work on here as he has a lot of guys thrilled with his work. He is also very reasonable and uses nothing but the best parts.

20. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

great work--this is the best i have seen---way to go corekel arms---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adjustable comb saw

using coping saw to cut gun stock comb