1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adjustable Comb Post Help?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by EXFDX, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

I think the posts on my adjustable comb are pretty standard - hopefully there is an image available from PhotoBucket at the end of this thread. But either way, where can I get either higher posts or extensions to add on to the posts already there.

Thanks,

Steve
    [​IMG]

2. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

Devil,
    There is no such thing as standard comb post size. We see them from 1/4in up to 7/16in wide. Also several different methods of attachment. Some have a bolt through the pin. Some have threads built-in to pin base. Krieghoff pins are metric. Guierini pins are square. DeVaults pin has a flat spot on 1 side. My pins are 3/8in and are up to 1 1/4in long and have 10/32 thread. Others are 8/32. Some are 10/24. Need to know what you have before I can help. Todd

3. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

Sorry, I meant Steve and typed Devil. OK Im an idiot, Shoot me please.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

<a href="http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t196/jrm7800/?action=view&current=100_0039-1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> I too needed longer post, I found a temporary replacement useing nylon bushings found at hardware store. I also found washers to use as spacers. This is on a browning ultra XT just before the adjust through the recoil pad model. I finally got some made longer out of stainless. I had some extras but have been gifted out. Maybe they didnt work for some of those that recieved them. Im sure there are a host of guys that can help.

5. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

Country Gentleman, these may be your posts. I think you did the work and this was Elcue Wilkins' Ljutic. if I could only get a photo to post from photbucket, it would probably help a lot, wouldn't it? LOL

Thanks,

Steve

PS - Also, very sorry to hear of Steve Donoho's passing. I also had the pleasure of shooting with Steve at Corinth. My condolences to his family…this must have been a shock for them.

6. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

country gentleman, Todd, do you have 1 1/4 in. posts for a KS-5 Special? If you do, please send me a PM. Thanks, Steve

7. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

Mr Oehmen,
    That is definately my comb hardware. I have an 1 1/4 pin set that will replace what you have. 1 min install do it yourself. Shoot me an e-mail with address and I will send you a set at my cost+ship. To STEVE in the above post... I do not have replacement hardware for KS-5, only my own hardware. You need to call Krieghoff. I dont think they make them either. Retain your original bolt inside post. Take post to a machine shop and have longer post fabricated. Make sure inside step depth is the same {where bolt head sits now} have only the post shaft made longer. Todd

8. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Thanks, Todd. I have a friend that can do that for me. I think. Steve

9. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

Thank you, Todd - will do for sure this evening. I'd like to send along another photo of the nut or screw that secures the angle and height of the adjustable butt plate. It's stripped somewhat and won't quite hold the butt pad securely in place. Anyway, I'll shoot you an email tonight along with that picture as well.

Thanks so much!!

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.