1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adjustable Comb Installation--Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ChairborneRanger, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChairborneRanger

ChairborneRanger Member

I'd like to have an adjustible comb added to my Browning BT-100.
    Would any shooters more knowledgeable than I have any recommendations relative to who would be good at this? I have heard that there is a fellow out of western MN (I am in northern Wisconsin) by the name of Tom Larson(?) that comes around to the Wisconsin State shoot and adds combs, but I don't have contact information for him----would someone else possibly know of his contact info? Thanks for your help!

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

You are thinking of Tom Larkin.

Another in W MN is Pat Laib. My choice would be Doug Braker. 218-947-3600

3. Rem Nut

Rem Nut TS Member

I would get the Clyde Slide from Clyde Cameron in Lewiston ID. It is an adjustable comb and recoil reduction system. Last I knew they were only about $300 and the craftsman ship is superior. I do not see how he makes any money at it with all the work involved. The Soft touch from Moe Bragg was stolen from Clyde and costs more than twice what Clyde charges. I put one on my 90-T and I wish I would have done it when I first started shooting. It is amazing how much it reduces the recoil. The beauty of Clyde's system is the comb and butt pad are connected in a way that they stay still while the gun recoils below it. Other systems like the one the Browning uses on the old plus series or a graco still hit you in the face because the comb does not move with your face.

4. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

I would send my stock to Doug Carpenter in Ohio or Joe Bowles (Tron) in Mi.

5. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Don't know where you are located but a fellow poster here called TRON, dose a great job also. He's located in SE Michigan.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Larry Wehinger. Monroe, Wis.

7. James L Balog

James L Balog Member

todd nelson would be the man id send it to

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

You would be very happy with Tron's work. He has done one for me and soon another. He has also done many for shooters on this site and I know of nothing but praise for his workmanship.

Don

9. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

Another person who does outstanding work is Dave Berlet in New Knoxville, Ohio. Super work, fast turnaround and very fair prices. You can contact him at 419-753-2557 or DSBERLET@NKTELCO.NET. Dave also does adjustable recoil pads and delrin ribs. He has done all three for me over the years.

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pat of Pats gunsmithing in Wells Mn for certain and in Ohio Rods Custom Gunstocks

Regards from Iowa

Gene

11. below 0

below 0 TS Member

Either Pat or Tom Larkin...Both have installed hundreds and have done excellant work. Call Tom @507-789-5523 or Pat Gottberg @ 507-383-9772.
    Either one will do a great job...Odie

12. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Joe Bowles' (Tron) work is first rate. check his website tronspace.com for more details. You will be pleased with the end result.

13. Landshark

Landshark Member

Tron has done 3 stocks for me and couldn't be happier.

14. revbook

revbook Member

Tron...period.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.