1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adjustable Comb Hardware change

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bob M, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob M

Bob M Member

I have a question. I have a K 80 that has an adjustable cheek piece, after market not from the factory, that has two flat metal blades that attach to the cheek piece and slide down into slots in the buttstock. The previous owner of the gun had the work done and he/she was a lefty. Because of the blade/slot arrangement, I can't move the cheek piece far enough to the right.

Now here is the question: Has anyone out there had similar adjustable comb hardware replaced with more 'equally friendly to both lefties and righties' hardware?

Thanks in advance.

2. Bob M

Bob M Member

Thanks Rebel. Yes, mine has worked loose a time or two. At least I know that someone else has dealt with this before.

I live in South-central Pennsylvania and will probably take it to a smith at either the Pa Grand at Elysburg or the Va State Shoot here at the beginning of July.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Just send it to Tron, it will be back in a few days

4. Bob M

Bob M Member

Where is Tron located?

5. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Keith Heeg is very good and can make this repair. He has corrected a couple of stocks for me. Keith lives in Ingalls Indiana, just north of Indianapolis and may still be at Indiana Gun Club. He was traveling to state shoots so you may want to call him. He has a cell phone with a 517 (mich) area code.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.