1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

adjustable comb for 391

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 391girl, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 391girl

391girl TS Member

Jul 13, 2006
    I have a straight stock on my 391 tekyns and I need an adjustable comb. I was told I need a parallel stock. Contacted Beretta and no answer. Anyone out there know about this and if so, where do I find such a thing. Thanks.
  2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Contact "Tron" on this website. He does a very nice job installing adjustable combs on Beretta's. His email is as follows:

3. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Central California
    I had Greg Hissem do an adjustable comb and his adjustable butt plate on my 391, and it turned out simply fantastic. Only personal experience I can speak to, but so well pleased with the results of his work just a couple of months ago.
  4. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

Aug 25, 2006
    "Straight" stocks and "parallel" comb could be considered one and the same. Did whoever told you that you need a parallel comb tell you why you needed a parallel comb? Other than the "advisor" likes them? You can spend a lot of money getting things you don't need and not solving any problems. Adjustable combs are useful if they will adjust to meet a shooter's needs, but they aren't always the answer. Don't start spending money until you know what it is you are trying to buy. You can get quite a bit of adjustment out of the 391 stock shims and can build the comb up with moleskin or even layers of cardboard covered with electrician's tape to experiment. Then when you know where you need to go, you can consider the best way to get there.
  5. JLW

JLW TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I have installed quite a few comb kits. The advice to tape spacers on the comb is good unless you need to go down with the top of the comb or to the right if you are right handed.

Pattern this gun on paper at 16 yards first. At 16 yards, 1/16 of change is 1" of POI change on the paper. Pattern it enough to assure you know how much movement you need to the top of the comb; cast on/cast off - up/down. Then pattern it at 40 yards as a check.

If it is down, make certain the comb kit installer knows how much down you need to go and ask for an extra 1/8".

If you do not have a paralell comb, the installer can make that change, if wanted, when the kit is installed.

If there is someone knowledgeable at your club and you are not nowledgeable, ask for help. If not,your installer should be able to advise you.

I would suggest you find someone local to do the work. Jerald
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adjustable comb in a 391

adjustable comb stock for 391