1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adjustable chokes Pros and cons anyone

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapshootinbubba, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootinbubba

trapshootinbubba Member

Anyone ever use the adjustable chokes? What did ya think? Are you way ahead to just get the different chokes and change them?

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Before hunting with O/U's and SXS I used dial a choke on small guage model 12's for birds, that's where they shine. For Trap, I don't think so.

3. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Long ago,and in a place far away.............a buddy of mine had a marlin bolt action 12 ga.,with a Polychoke.We were shooting trap on an old Trius trap.Well all was going along just fine until it was my buddies turn to shoot.He shot a few shots when all of the sudden he said "What the????". I guess the weld broke on the choke,and it went downrange.I always kind of wondered how far that choke went........never did find it.......like we had a chance. HAR HAR

D.P.Reynolds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

poly-choke pros and cons

pros cons ajustable chokes