1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adjustable Butt Plates

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mollyone, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

Rod Stumbo----rods custom stocks as good as its gets jpark

2. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

NELSONS The Country Gentelman

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I personally like the one that Tron installed on my 1100. It looks very nice and is a single screw model.

ec90t

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I do like Country Gentelmans Adj but I use the 100 straight . With the 100 Straight I don,t need to cut the wood . I remove the 1 inch pad install the 100 Straight and a 3/4 inch pad .

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

100 straight- you can adjust without taking the pad off

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The Jones 3-screw model is the one for me. Yes, a single screw may be quicker if less secure but look at it this way. Say I'm going to adjust it five times, total. And it takes an added five minutes. That's less than a half hour and maybe I'll pass on that on-line clip of "office" with the cat someone told me to watch and be five minutes ahead, lifetimewise

Neil

7. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

I use the Jones as well on my K-80 and KX-5. The pad stays put. It also helps one to resist pointless fiddling with the adjustments of one's gun.

8. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I like the standard Jones adjuster too.

John C. Saubak

9. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have the 100 straight with the single screw adjustment. I like to drop it down and rotate a little for shooting but I have to set it back for the gun stock to fit my hard case.

10. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I had the new Jones adj. pad installed on my BT-100. It has the two hole adj. screws thru the pad. I'm lucky enough not to have to go back and forth in and out of the case. But I got it because I was afraid I was going to have to do just that. It has not moved a MM. since I had it installed. I would recommend one of these to whoever needs one. Break-em all. Jeff

11. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

IT'S HARD TO BEAT THE COUNTRY GENTLEMEN'S PRODUCT. BESIDES TODD IS ONE SUPER GUY TO DO BUSINESS WITH. He will treat you like you want to be treated and he will remember you if you go back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

jones vs 100 straight adjustable plate