1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adjustable butt plate

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nsrailroad, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Is their a adjustble butt plate that moves side to side to help with cast off?

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I had a 100 straight adjuster on one of my BT's and it moved about an inch side to side if i remember right. I know the Jones adjusters move quite a bit as well but i'm unsure if it goes side to side.-----Matt

3. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

I believe all adjusters move up/down and left/right. They aslo rotate to provide cast at the toe with the exception of the Morgan.

Rollin

4. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

YES & very cheap,too. Go to an auto body supply shop & ask for double sidded "auto body molding tape". Clean the back of the recoil pad & stock with a solvent like laquer thinner(be very careful with the stock & do it outside.) Put the tape on the butt & stick the pad where you want it. Don't look pretty,but is cheap & easy to change. Most all my gus have this. Also can keep the recoil pad full size which will spread the recoil over a larger area of the shoulder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cast off with adjustable but plate