1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

adjustable butt plate question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jakearoo, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I need to put an adjustable butt on a stock for a growing boy. I have one that I think is good but a little heavy. It is a metal plate which is firmly attached to the stock with a movable center piece containing three sets of holes. There is another metal plate which attaches to it and can be slid up or down and pivoted. A sorbathane pad then attaches with small set screws to the outside plate. Good system but somewhat heavy. I am wondering if anyone makes something similar but out of good hard plastic for less weight. I am looking for simple and very adjustable. Suggestions, advice? Jake

2. mt

mt Member

a gracoil system might be a good option for the youngster in so much as it allows you to not only adjust the pad up, down, side to side but also acts as a recoil reducer. not sure about the weight per se.

i believe that the country gentleman adjustable pad will allow for altering pitch in addition to LOP and however it does not act as a recoil reducer.

3. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Jake:

Unless your son is complaining about the weight of the butt stock, I wouldn't worry about the weight of the adjuster. If the gun seems butt heavy, weight can be added to the front end to change the balance point.

Out of curiosity, why was an adjustable butt plate helpful in fitting your growing son?

Rollin

4. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

To my knowledge, there are no plastic adjustable butt plate assemblies made. I suggest the 100 Straight assembly, their plates are the most thin (and hence lightest) while all of the working metal is hardened steel.

http://www.100straight.com/products/index.htm

The Nelson plate is a darn good one...but a bit thicker so a bit more weight.

Neither of these offer pitch adjustment to my knowledge although 100 Straight offers pitch adjusting spacers you can use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adjustable butt plate on cz

black adjustable butt plate assemblies

cz adjustable butt plate

cz adjustable up&down butt plate

does a gracoil allow pitch adjustment

gracoil adjustable butt plate

how will adjusting the butt stock up or down affect trap shooting