1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

adjustable butt plate needed ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hard Cash, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hard Cash

Hard Cash TS Member

Who makes and installs an adjustable shotgun butt plate that is adjustable for UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, CANT and LOP ??
    I don't need a recoil reducer.

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

HC, The Country Gentleman is regarded as the best in the business. His prices on work will reflect this fact as well. Depending on your needs, "Tron" on this website is a excellent 2nd go to person and should save you some coin without giving up quality!!! You will not be disappointed one way or the other. Good Luck and Break-em all. JEff

3. Hard Cash

Hard Cash TS Member

Thanks for the info about the Country Gentelman.

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Gracoil does nice work also.

5. dentexark

dentexark Member

Country Gentleman does good work. However, don't send your stock to them unless you don't need to shoot it for a long time. Tron also does good work, but he is fast and will work with you on delivery time. I have used both. I recommend Tron.

6. dentexark

dentexark Member

Country Gentleman does good work. However, don't send your stock to them unless you don't need to shoot it for a long time. Tron also does good work, but he is fast and will work with you on delivery time. I have used both. I recommend Tron.

7. dentexark

dentexark Member

8. dentexark

dentexark Member

9. dentexark

dentexark Member

10. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

switch to a release!!!

11. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I have had both Nelsons do stock work for me in the past and I was quite satisfied. I have a Nelson Adjustable butt pad on one gun.

However, I strongly recommend looking at the 100 Straight adjustable butt pad which any competent stock guy can put on a gun for you. Its thinner than most (so you don't have to cut as much wood to retain LOP and its less heavy) yet made with hardened steel where strength is needed. Nice adjustable pad, in my opinion.

http://www.100straight.com/products/index.htm

12. atadams77

atadams77 Member

ken rucker of bump buster in san antonio, tx also builds his own. it is made out of the same metal as the 100 straight and is actually 1/16" thinner. he will be putting one mine gun in april.

13. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

I would just send it to Tron!

If you're in Ohio, I would go see Jim Eyster.

If you make it to any of the larger shoots, I would go see Keith Heeg.

I would avoid the Nelson's from other trapshooters that I've spoken with in the past.

TNCoach

14. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

I have 2 used morgan adjusters.$25.00 each shipped.

15. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

One other thing about the Country Gentleman's adjuster that I like. You don't have to remove the pad to adjust it.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, iL

16. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I had a 100 Straight pad adjuster on a BT99. It comes with a "T" handled wrench that allows quick adjustment thru the pad. It has alot more range of adjustment than the Morgan.

17. jayco32

jayco32 TS Member

Don't overlook Rod's Custom Stocks in Shelby, Ohio. He has done several jobs for me and some for my friends. Every project has been as good or better than factory. Great work at a reasonable price with quick turnaround time. Prices are listed on his website. Jerry

18. TD1958

TD1958 Member

I to suggest Rod's Custom Stockworks. Very good guy and you will not be unhappy. Tim

19. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

I installed a 100 straight on my Beretta 683 after much research and am very pleased. It allows cast, drop and cant adjustments so all you need to do is cut the stock for pitch and length of pull. Adjustments are through the pad and set up is very simple. I highly recommend it.

Doc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.