1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

adjustable butt plate help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mikeinmich, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeinmich

mikeinmich Member

I fit a single point butt plate on a gun but it won't stay in place after shooting. Is there a glue on or self adhesive fabric I can add to make it stay where I want it? The aluminum to aluminum contact isn't sufficient.

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

self sticking sandpaper on one surface will work.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Get some grip tape that the skateboarders use on their skateboards and cut it to fit on the mating surfaces. It's is self adhesive on one side and grit on the other. Works great.

4. mikeinmich

mikeinmich Member

This is the buttplate that I want to fix. And thanks for the ideas. Is there a rubbery type of fabric like supplied on the 100 Straight adjustable butt plates that can be purchased?
    ozbud_2008_030334.jpg

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Yes... boating stores sell it to apply to decks as anti-slip material and you can sometimes get some scraps at the maintenance hangers at airports; they apply it to wings for the same purpose.

Keller

6. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Ace Hardware has self stick tread anti-slip that is 2" wide that works well between the aluminum plates. It looks like black sandpaper on a roll and is sold by the foot. I put it on my single point adjuster about two weeks ago and it works well, about $3 per foot.

7. mikeinmich

mikeinmich Member

I talked to Joe at Addarib.com and he is sending me a free fix...........And thanks also to ou.3200 and Unknown1. I not only found the black anti-slip but also a gray one that has a more rubbery coating.

8. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

Good On Ya Joe!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.