1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adj. Pad Moving - New Sand Paper?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pullbangloss, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

I've got an adjustable pad that isn't staying locked in place. The nut seems tight but the sand paper is worn. What grit do the stock guys usually use? Is the sand paper come with the sticky backing or do the stock guys glue this on to the plate? What type of adhesive do they use?

Thanks in advance.

Matt Ski

2. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Matt............had a similar problem. Take some "thin" rubberized or plastic shelf liner and cut a small pc some where near the size of the Pad...Place between the pad and plate and it should not move again... I used the thin type with the small holes in it. Can't think of the proper name....It will work. "run.em"

3. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

You can also use skateboard sandpaper with the sticky back.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

It ain't sand paper. It's "Safety Grip". I get it at a local hardware place. It's a peel and stick product you put on the steps of ladders and on basement staircases.

Cheep too.

HM

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

Email me your address and I'll send you a piece of rubberized tape foc. It's 2" wide and you stick it on and trim it with a razor.

Jb

6. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Thanks for the help, especially Tron. I guess everyone is right, Tron is the man!

Matt Ski

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.