1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adj. Comb vs MC on Citori XT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hamer, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hamer

Hamer TS Member

I have a Citori XT with an adjustable comb. It's perfect for me with the comb all the way down. Does this mean a Monte Carlo XT will not "fit" me as well because my head will be higher? Would I have to cut it down to get the same head placement?

Experts?

Just curious because I may want a back-up XT someday.

Thanks

2. BMC

BMC Member

I found when I got my XT that the MC stock shot a little higher than I like. When I had Greg cut my comb I had him take out about an 1/8th inch or slightly more of the meat from the bottom of the comb he just cut out. This gave me the opportunity to actually lower the comb if I needed to when setting the stock back up. As it turned out when I got the comb where I wanted it, it is actually just a little lower than before it was cut. If you are used to a flat shooting gun then you "might" find the MC stock to shoot higher than you are used to.

3. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

What BMC said... he is correct.

4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I agree. My XT is set just a little above "bottom" and it fits me just right. A monte carlo shoots to high for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.