1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Adj-Comb & RAD-II vs Custom Stock ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

If you had a four-way adjustable-comb and a RAD-II recoil system properly fitted to you...

What else could a custom-made stock do to improve "How the gun fits you ?"

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Active Member

A "good" custom stock is the best option. I can't believe the difference and I shot a PFS that was well fitted. The pistol grip area is one that often is not considered, but very important. Pitch can be another item. Bill Malcolm
  3. Rubicon_Joey

Rubicon_Joey Member

I don't think the Rad adjust for pitch but, that simple enough to change with different pads.
  4. ReconDoc

ReconDoc Member

I had Rod's custom Stocks install RAD II's on my XT Trap and on My BT 99 Grade III. Could'nt be happier. I shoot in the mid to upper 90's since I quit "tryin' this and that".Woody
  5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

There are some people that no matter what combination of adjustable comb, adjustable pad, ect an off the rack stock still won't fit them properly. I'm one of them. I have 3/8" offset @ the comb on my PFS. To replicate that on a wood stock, a large amount of wood would need to be shaved off the side of the stock, possibly even intruding into the stock bolt hole, otherwise my jaw bone hits the stock when I try to mount the gun.

For probably 75% of people, they could take a factory stock, put an adjustable comb and pad on it, set it up right, and it would be as good as a custom stock would be. But for the other 25%, its not even going to be close. If it were, Wenig, Devault, and all the other stock makers would go out of business since its certainly way cheaper to put an adjustable comb and pad on than it is to have a new custom stock built from scratch.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.