1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

adj butt plates

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nutty1, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nutty1

nutty1 TS Member

i want to put an adjustable butt plate on my gun, i see that there are quite a few on the market, which one do you like thanks

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

My wife's! Just kidding.

The real difference is price, otherwise they all do the same thing. You only adjust them once. Jones is the best, after that it is just price. 100 straight is getting up there in price also. Brownell's has some in the $40.00 range that work just fine. Jon

3. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

If you're going to put it on yourself, try to get one made specifically for your gun. I put one on my bt-99 a few years back, after buying a kit made for that gun. Can't recall the brand name, though. Bill Wheeler

4. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I, use craco with adjustable length of pull. I install them myself. The last one I bought was around $60.00, That said I would also look at the R.A.D

5. Kansan29

Kansan29 TS Member

Shootlow,
    I had to install one by myself a while back. Could of sure used your help. Have a good day. kansan29

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Shootlow,

Post the differences and the ones you like, or think are best. Your post supplies no information pertinant to the question.

There is a big difference between a recoil reduction system and an adjustable butt plate. Not much difference between the adjustable plates. What was the question? Question should be more specific. Adjustable for LOP, or rotation, or both. If it is just for rotation, there is not much difference. Jon

7. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

DIY ? I'd look at the various offerings from Stock Positioning. Very good prices.

I find it easier to send my stock to Tron and tell him to work his magic. He has never let me down.

8. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I use Graco adjustable buut plate (Not Gracoil recoil reduction system,) and have them install it. They have done three for me and the service and quality can't be beat. Well worth the price in my opinion. (About $225 as I recall) Martinpicker

9. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

I researched them and chose 100 straight. It is through the pad adjustable and adjusts for drop, cast and cant. It is very easy to install.

Doc

10. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

The "New" Jones adj. butt plate is great. It has two screws thru the pad for the adjustment so you don't have to take off the butt plate. They still make the old one too, because once its set you don't want to play with it, unless you can't get it in the gun case while pad is lowered. My Jones has never moved on me once in 3 years or so now. break em all Jeff

11. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Country Gentleman.
    Settings stay put, and you can adjust it through the pad without taking it off.
    Todd Nelson is great to deal with.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.