1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ADJ Butt plate?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tracyhunter, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

what good is a 4 way adj butt plate?I can move mine up/down/left/right, and it does not seem to make any difference to the poi.the adj comb is all the way down and the gun still shoots 100% high at 35 yds.i am trying to lower the poi.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Your compensating for the changes.

Ok. Lacking much information, but, it sounds like your trying to retain the figure 8. Unless you have an adjustable rib that's not possible.

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

To lower the POI you need to lower your eye in relation to the front bead. The butt plate has minimal effect on POI from a height perspective. If you have a fixed rib, as Big M indicated, then figure 8ing the bead will maintain the same POI. Bill Malcolm

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

An adjustable plate is installed to improve gun fit and comfort. It is not meant to change the POI. If you see the same sight picture, nothing will change your POI (on a fixed rib).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.