1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adding weight to the stock question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by UpNorthMN, Jul 14, 2013.

1. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

I shoot a 90t HPAR and love it, but some of the right hand targets are beating me in caps. I personally do not think the guns feels heavy, and wonder if adding weight to the stock will make the barrel feel more nimble?

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yes, adding weight always makes things more nimble. Featherweight guns like the 90-T in particular could use a few extra pounds.

-Gary

3. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

GW22....that has to be sarcasm. "featherweight 90T"?? LOL Yeah add a couple of pounds, that should really make it nimble.

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I shot my very first round of bunker targets when my P MX-3 S weighed close to 13 pounds. I only managed to break 19 but the better bunker shooters weren't breaking that many more!! 22 was high out of the 10 or so rounds I watched?

One fellow asked me if he could shoulder my gun, sure, as he grabbed it outa the rack, he was hardly able to lift it! That guy sure was surprised by the weight and how I shot it!

Yeah, I add lots of weight to reduce felt recoil in my guns.

Hap

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Possibly however a shorter stock may aid movement as well as a change in foot position.
    Joe