1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adding Weight To A Rem 870 Stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DoubleAuto, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

I bought a well used but not abused older Remington 870 cheap. I then bought a used but in reasonably good shape Hastings 26-inch Wadlock II barrel to use on it for hunting. The Hastings Wadlock barrels are considerably heavier than the Remington factory barrels. This barrel has changed the balance point of the gun (very muzzle heavy) considerably. I need to add some weight to the stock to correct for the heavy barrel. I don't want to just pour in lead shot or put anything in that is dusty. Also I need to use something that will not rust but is heavy.

What can I put in the stock that won't move around. Any suggestions appreciated.

DoubleAuto

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

A piece of copper tube filled with melted lead. Hap

3. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Hap, that's the kind of good idea I am looking for.

Thanks,

DoubleAuto

4. BT99Max100

BT99Max100 Member

I added weight to my browning by putting shot into a small cloth bag. Fill the rest of the stock with packing material.

John

5. ncbound

ncbound TS Member

Whatever you press in there, brass, lead or a roll of pennies, make sure you're able to get it back out. Trust me, someday you'll need to.

6. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

I took two empty shells, filled them with shot and crimped them real good. stuck them in the bolt hole and filled the extra space with a couple of pieces of cloth. Its tight and the couple of extra ounces made a lot of difference.

Easy!!!!!!!!!

Steve

7. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Rick,
    It's great seeing you responding on TS.Com. You have a lot of people fooled,they think you're a nice guy. JUST JOKING :)
    Hearing about you from Bill,really had me praying to the big Guy for you. I hope you continue to show how tough you are.
    Joe Jordan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adding weight to an 870

adding weight to remington stock

how to add weight to remington 870