1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Adding Trap bbl to 682 Gold E Sporting...fitting??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Yankee Bill, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yankee Bill

Yankee Bill TS Member

I currently have a 30" 682 Gold E Sporting and I'm contemplating getting a 34" Top mono single bbl and adding an adjustable comb for shooting trap. I know that I will need to have the new (used) bbl fitted and the timing set. But can someone tell me if the replacement bbl will just "drop-in" to the forend I have, or will that need to be fitted also?

Thanks,
    YB
  2. leftex

leftex Member

I think the correct answer is "maybe".
  3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Active Member

Usually, the barrel will fit on the hinge pins and require fitting on the for-end, but not always. I've seen them fit right on, but it is best to have it checked by a competent person. I've never seen a top single without a step rib, so you will need to raise the comb to see over the back of the rib. Bill Malcolm
  4. Yankee Bill

Yankee Bill TS Member

Thanks Guys.

Considering the amount of drop on the Sporting stock, do you think there would be any problem getting the adjustable comb to raise up high enough to see above the step rib?

Thanks,

YB
  5. Yankee Bill

Yankee Bill TS Member

Anybody???
  6. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

We have a guy at our club that took a 682
    Gold E sporting put on a add a rib added an adjustable comb and shot
    if very well I never shot so can't say for sure. He liked it.

Bill
  7. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Active Member

Depends on the hight of the step, but you just get higher posts. Bill Malcolm
  8. 8 Straight

8 Straight Member

I bought a top single trap barrel for my 687EELL, and the new barrel needed fitting to the point the underlug needed a bit of welding build up. As for the comb, I took it to my gunsmith, and he said there was not enough wood above the stock bolt screw to install an adjustable comb. I ended up using a velcro attached comb adjuster, where you use as many little inserts as needed. It works, but to the eye, it is about as pleasing as polishing a turd.
  9. MDMike

MDMike TS Member

I put an adjustable comb trap stock on my 682 Gold e sporting. Haven't tried it out yet but I suspect it will shoot high.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.