1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adding O/U barrels to Perazzi MX14 or MX15 ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Occasionally see for sale Perazzi MX14 and MX15 shotguns with only a single barrel.

How difficult is it to add an O/U barrel set to these ?

Can the O/U barrel set be ordered directly from Perazzi USA or a Perazzi dealer ?

Must the trigger system be changed ?

2. Rich Bullard Jr.

Rich Bullard Jr. Active Member

Hammer,

Not difficult to add O/U Barrels to a MX14/MX15. Call me and I will explain.

Rich Bullard, Jr. Cell) 1-775-742-2843

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

MX-14 originally came as a trap combo, there's MX-14 O/U made for the model.

Depend on your rib and comb setting, it'll work on MX-15 as well.

Use standard trigger.

4. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I use a set of DB-81 barrels on my MX-15. Don't have to change the comb height. Have a spare set if you need them. Mike battista 727 410 5212

5. Steve W

BTW, to answer your last question, new O/U barrels are available from some dealers at approx. $3500 each.

6. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

I had (note: had) an MX-14 o/u barrel set on my MX-15L and it was great for doubles and it fit and worked just fine. I quickly tired of the doubles game and sold the barrel set at the Grand last August. I researched the idea of which o/u barrel set to fit to my MX-15L and several - including the smiths at Perazzi - said the MX-14 set or an MX-3 Special o/u set is the way to go. And I agree with post below from twostraight - MX14 is a great fit. Best Regards, Ed

7. joehunter

joehunter Member

I used a MX3 special OU barrel with my mx15 and it worked perfect. I did not have to adjust the stock at all. The MX15 is not that high of rib compared to the mx2000 or the mx10rs. I have seen people use the a step rib mx8 barrel and a mx14 barrel as well. Everyone is different. There is not perfect barrel for the mx15 for everyone.

Joey

8. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

All this controversy has just about ruined my otherwise nice Thanksgiving....someday I may get over it....but I am still struggling with 7.5s vs. 8s. Just kidding!! Just kidding. Have a nice Holiday and Best Regards, Ed The Thread Killer ;o)

9. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I put a set of MX 10 Barrels on an MX15 receiver, call it my MX 25. WOrks great. Jake

10. Steve W

Happy Thanksgiving.

Despite the visual conceptions of a higher rib look on the MX-15, the actual hight of the rib from the bottom barrel is approx. the same as a MX-14's ramped rib.

I don't have these guns in hand to measure, but I had both models at one time, but never thought about putting them in the same picture.

Here're the two MX-15s and two MX-14/MX-8 trap O/U barrels. JFYR.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The real question is, how you set your rib and comb on the MX-15. If you set it flat or close to flat, the sight picture will be very close, if you set it to shoot 100% high, then the two beads on the MX-14 O/U barrel may not stack.

11. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Many Different Combinations..For a Great Many People...More Important..Which Combination Works for You.
    Perazzi Built MX15 as a Entry Grade Unsingle Gun..Never intended to be Combo.
    I used MX8 Trap Doubles barrel...same site picture..But Different Points of Impact between barrels...Have Sold off all parts and now know if you want a Combo....BEST BUY a COMBO.
    Good Luck and Shoot Well,Shoot Often with Family and or Good Friends, Bart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi mx 15

will mx14 barrels fit a mx15