1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

adding an adjustable butt pad

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by newbuster1, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbuster1

newbuster1 TS Member

How difficult is it to add an adjustable pad to a O/U?
    Any thoughts on Morgan vs. gra-coil?
    Thanks for any insight you may have.

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Hot hard at all. The Morgan is particularly easy to add, and does not cost an arm and a leg. It is not the most elegant system but it works as well as most any other.

3. newbuster1

newbuster1 TS Member

Does it add much to the length of pull? The pad I would be removing is maybe an inch thick. It's on a Browning XT.

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Most adjustable butt plates add about 1/4" to 5/16" to the LOP (some more)....so that needs to be factored in.

5. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

The Morgan works well but, it is only up and down with no rotaion. Most shooters need some rotation. Also you will probably not like the Morgan curved. I know used one before they were popular and had to cut the bottom point off the pad. The straight pad just never felt right to me. If you want to discuss in detail send me a private message and I will give you my cell number we can talk in detail.

6. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Greg Hissem just did one for me, including an adjustable comb. The workmanship, service, and hardware are all superb!

Guy Babin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.