1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adding a Rib

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1perazzi, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1perazzi

1perazzi Member

Hi all. I normally shoot a high rib gun and just purchased a new barrel that has a flat rib. I know their are companies that sell add on ribs but would like to play around with different heights before purchasing one. Suggestions?

2. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

balsa wood from hobby shop or take a dowl rod orsized and trim it down

take a micrometer and measure a high ribed gun you shoot well- chamber vs muzzle % of slope then do the same % on new barrel and make wood the same

3. BENCHREST

BENCHREST Member Supporting Vendor

Hi; give me a call and I can help you with a little simple homework on how to find out which height will work for you. Thanks Joe 631 319 6959

4. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

Joe is a fine man to work with. He helped me out with adjustable comb hardware for my Browning Ultra XT that was shooting loose. Took 3 days of his time and he did it right. Broke a 98/100 Singles with the Shotgun this morning. Not bad for a Class C shooter, new shotgun, new glasses, and after a 27 year layoff.

Thanks again Joe.

Don T. Littleton CO

5. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I recommend Add-A-Ribb nice product when your ready to put something permanent on. They even have adjustable ribs!

Jerry Lewis

6. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

For Price, Quality and Service, you just cannot beat Add-A-Rib.

But beware, Joe has that funny New York accent so when requesting his help ask him to please speak english!

(Inside joke....Take that for the cried like a school girl comment to Quizzy.)

Doc

7. Raystownbob

Raystownbob Active Member

Another vote for Add-A-Rib. I wanted to use a set of 20 gauge Blaser F3 Sporting barrels on my Super Sport. I talked with Joe, then made a wood rib to experiment for a while. I ended up with their Adjust-A-Rib and am really happy with it. Very fast service and super nice people.

8. Lurefish

Lurefish Member

Did you happen to buy a 32" Perazzi with a 10mm step rib. If so, I have a nice DeVault delrin rib that sticks on. Will raise POI about 6 inches.....Ken Jeffries

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
add a high rib for browning trap gun
addd a rib for browning shotguns
adding a rib to shotgun

do 10mm shotgun ribs work

how to attach high rib to shotgun
how to make a wooden high rib for shotgun forum
images of shotgun high rib made from balsa wood
installing a rib barrel on a trap gun