1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adding a Palm Swell

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by EJ555, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EJ555

EJ555 TS Member

I'm a Southpaw & have a XT with a right hand palm swell. I like the feel of the swell in my right hand but I can't shoot it that way. I tried sticking one of those Kickezz palm swells from Brownells on it. The checkering is good enough that the pad won't stick.

What have you folks done to create a palm swell? Is there a stock builder that can add them?

Thanks for your help,
    Earl

2. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

I have a Kickeez palm swell on a Citori & a BT-99. I used silicone cement to attach them to the stocks. I used a toothbrush & some acetone to clean the sweat & dirt off of the checkering before gluing & then used masking tape to secure everything since the silicone cement takes awhile to dry. John

3. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

use the tape or glue it and forever live with your modifed stock

4. checker

checker Member

Made one to match my stock, 2 piece deal.....final fitting to do yet....winter time job.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Boz

Boz TS Member

Earl,

I've sucessfully attached many palmswells to existing stocks using double sided tape.

The tape I use is an industrial strength 2 sided tape 1/2" wide. In Australia it is used to fix glass to aluminium window frames. The only way to remove the glass is to smash the window pane. No doubt a similar tape is avaiable in the US (let's face it, you've got everything else over there, so some tap should be easy to find!)

Most of the customised palmswells I've made are out of fibreglass reinforced body filler, then painted in 2 pack epoxy paint.

The finished product can be fixed to existing checkering, new or old.

Clean up checkering first to remove any grease etc.

Attach tape to palmswell around inside edge, then pull of protective strip to 2nd side of tape and attach in place to stock.

Push firmly initially, then leave for a while for the adhesive to bond to surface.

If they need removing, the checkering is undamaged.

I've had some pretty brutal shooting mates had one fitted. None have moved let alone come off and believe me if they had I'd be the first to know!

Hope this helps.

Good kuck.

Chris F

6. gordy h

gordy h Member

There was a thread a few years ago, I tryed it and it worked great. I have it on my TM1, and never had a problem with it . But,it my never come off.
    Get some Kneadatite 2 part epoxy(google it on the net) mix to the directions, while it's still soft add to your stock and form it to your hand, or your likeing. I also hand checkerd it before it set realy hard. Then painted it black ( it comes out green). It now fit's me and sure helped the scores. Hope this helps. Butch H

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

You may want to consider purchasing a LH XT stock. This would be the best way to get the fit you desire. You may be able to post a thread on here willing to trade your RH for a LH.

ss

8. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Keep it simple, tennis handle wrap dose a great job. Make it as thick as you want and it last forever.

9. Old Doc

Old Doc Member

Bondo. D Winter

10. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Re-read short shuckers post again... He has it nailed! I am left handed as well. I tried all of the above mentioned things, (except the wood, hand made one) and none ever worked out just right. I finally bought a dedicated, left hand stock, and the problem is forever solved, and my stock looks factory perfect.. Just my experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

11. curt67

curt67 TS Member

Just buy GRIP SWELL ERGONOMIC SHOOTING GLOVES they are $49.95 a pair phone number 714-379-9413 or on line (info@gripswell.com.)
    I'm left handed and cant shoot without them, thay work and work very well.
    curt67

12. EJ555

EJ555 TS Member

Thanks for all the great ideas. I have some direction now.
    Earl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adding a palm swell