1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

adding a 100 straight pad adjuster

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by reddeath, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reddeath

reddeath TS Member

Looking to put a 100 straight pad adjuster onto my existing trap gun. I understand every thing except for the following. The 100 straight pad adjuster can be adjusted by one screw. To access this allen screw I will need to put a hole in my existing KickEZ pad. What is the best way to make this hole? Will a regular metal drill bit make a clean hole or is there a better method?

Thanks,
    Craig

2. high 2

high 2 Member

cl3 hit on the head. Spray a little armorall on it before you drill it. Larry

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Use a Forstner bit to drill a shallow 3/4" hole from the spacer side 1" down from the top screw hole, then turn it over and, using a hollow, sharpened piece of tubing, drill out the letter "I" from the word KICK-EEZ. After adjusting your pad, you can insert the "I" and the hole will be invisible.

Ed Yanchok

4. reddeath

reddeath TS Member

I did think of some sort of cutting device but never thought of something as simple as a casing! WOW Thanks!!!

5. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

Not to change the topic, but... I'm wondering if anyone else had this same problem with the 100 straight, through the pad, adjustable plates?

It was easy enough for me to fit it to the gun, but with the black self adhesive anti-slip tape on, the "single adjustment screw" would only "catch" the other plate by a thread or two at most. And thats if I tourqed it on good. I just didn't have any confidence in that. I called the company and they said it was OK ???

6. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

I didn't use the non-slip pad and have had no problems.

Doc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

100 straight pad adjuster