1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Added Monies@ The Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PaShooter, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaShooter

PaShooter Member

Hello All,

I just received my Grand program yesterday, and when comparing it to year's past I noticed the majority of the added money was no longer there???(ie..Singles Class $2400 vs 0....Pres Hcp $2500 vs 0.......Rem Hcp $4000 vs 0 and finally Grand Day $10000 in 08 vs $1000 this year?) What happened? I did see that some new trophies were added for delegates(???), new members, ect, but I really doubt that expense is that large. Has the ATA lost some of the sponsor money as with the economy being so bad or are they trying to turn the Grand into a profitable event for the organization. I appreciate the fact that the prices have stayed the same but just wondered why such a drastic reduction in added money?

Thanks,

Paul H
    Imperial, PA

2. IMR 7625

IMR 7625 Member

IS THIS THE REASON WHY THE PROGRAM WAS SO LATE SO THE SHOOTERS

ALLREADY HAD THEIR PLANS MADE

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

As you suspect, Paul, much of the added money in the past has been paid by sponsors and in today's economic climate it's tough for them to convince themselves it's a good idea to give money away. No conspiracy here; just altered conditions.

The aim is to hold a break even Grand. Just to do that requires controlling the costs of every aspect of it.

Neil

4. PaShooter

PaShooter Member

Thank you for the prompt response Neil and I will pass along the answer to those who were questioning me.

Paul H
    Imperial, PA

5. Richard Marshall JR.

Richard Marshall JR. Member

Neil,

I was told that The added money was reallocated to trophies and other areas primarily due to the small payouts that were doing nothing to improve attendance or draw more competitors as originally intended?

So i hope the trophies are the best ever given at a Grand!!!!!

Richard Marshall Jr.

6. RLC323

RLC323 Member

It costs a lot to give out a "Grand medallion" to shooters with a good event score who are not eligible for a regular trophy.

7. PaShooter

PaShooter Member

I did see that in addition to the Grand American Medallions they also have created trophies for the "ATA Delegates" Champion , Runner-up and Third during the big three events.......Perhaps this is to draw more interest into becoming a delegate?

Paul H
    Imperial, PA

8. IMR 7625

IMR 7625 Member

THE GRAND HAS BECOME ONE BIG TROPHIE SHOOT INSTEAD OF MONEY

TO PAY COSTS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.