1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Added Money

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by widomaker, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Yesterday in the mail I recieved a check from the ATA. I had no idea what it was for. I don't play any options because I was told that you have to be able to get em all to win anything. Looking at the paper work that came with the check was confusing to begin with but I figured out that it must be added money.

I'm not sure what that is or how I ended up with it. I'm not going to cash the check in case the ATA made a mistake sending it to me. The question is did they make a mistake ?, and what is added money ? I didn't add any money or anything like that. I'm sure sombody out there knows how this works.

Thanks

Martin Milano # 0765881

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

At many larger shoots, the club adds a monetary prize that goes along with a trophy. The check is probably from a club and not the ATA. I would cash the check. If an error was made, I am certain you will receive a letter soon requesting a refund.

Pat Ireland

3. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Added money is cash added by the gun club or ata to an event, usually for winner, fsecond & third in class. There is usually an event # on the check to let you know what event you won the money in. To determine how you won it, look at all the pay-backs for each event. Find the amount that matches your check amount on the cashiers sheet and you will know how/where you won it.

4. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Ok I think I understand. This is all new to me. Boy this gets more complicated by the minute. Now I know this is going to sound really stupid but does this make me a professional ?. I'm just a little shooter from Dexter NY. I hope nobody gets bent over this. All I want to do is shoot my scatter gun and have some fun not get into this whole sandbagger money thing .

Thanks again guys I appreciate the info I'm learning as I go. BTW the check is from the ATA in Lockport NY.

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Added money is "added" by the club to entice shooters to their event. You don't have to enter it or pay into it in advance. There are NO professional trapshooters as it stands at the moment even though there certainly are some phenoms that can actually make a living from their winnings. If you mean "professional" in the eyes of the Olympic world, who knows anymore when the professional NBA and tennis stars can compete in the Olympic games....breakemall....Bob Dodd

6. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Chances are it's because of your scores at the Eastern Zone Shoot. Looks like you did it in two events, C class RU in #4 & D class in #8, which most likely had added money. Nice shooting.

Bill Radwan

7. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Thanks WillamMR:

I really did not think much of it at all as Mr. Pettitt had broke all 100 of them in C- Class and really 92 isn't that good a doubles score at all. When I go shoot down at the clubs close to Syracuse they always break 95's and most of the time better. I feel like I have a long way to go and good thing they don't post all the scores because I only hit 89 of the first 100 in the 200 singles event . I need to improve a lot especially in doubles that was the first time I've ever had a 9 in front of any doubles I have shot. Pure luck that nobody else hit a 98 or 99. Doubles are hard to shoot .

Again thanks all.

8. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Martin,,,,something about Cicerio makes doubles break,,,I have only had 3 scores in the 90's ,,,and two of them were wins at ATA zone at cicerio,,,2006 and 2008 open d class,,,I do know I will play the options there in two years,,on doubles

9. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Billy:

You know I think what actually happened was that where I was shooting the second bird stayed in the air long enough for me to get a bead on it. Most of the time that never happens and as soon as it starts going down I'm dead in the water. I drew the right trap at the right time of day. Again pure luck. I knew who you were the other day as I also saw you on the boards. When I went up there and looked I was shocked that 92 was a winner. I got the trophy and hustled outta there before anyone saw me or figured out who I was. BTW my handicap scores were dismal.

Again good shooting see you at the next one.

10. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

We do all our added money by lewis...so it can go down the line. That way the money doesn't all go to the top guns

Surely the champion gets a nice cut of it...but you can get fat finishing pretty far down, just like a regular lewis, if you get lucky and don't have to split it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.