1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Added Money, Trophy, or????????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by VNVET, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VNVET

VNVET Member

AT my small club (three trap fields)we have monthly registered shoots with three events each, for a total of 10 shoots per year. This year, as the shoot manager, I have $25 added money to the champ of each event and have used various methods to fund the added money (raffles, sponsors, etc.) Finding the $75 to pay the added money and still make a few bucks after the bills are paid, since the added money comes off the top of the proceeds, is difficult.

Here's my idea......... Instead of $25 added money, the champ will get a voucher which would be good for the entry fee for one event at one of my future shoots. I charge $24 per hundred (ATA & state fees are additional). The value to the shooter would be $24 and the cost to me would be the cost of the targets (plus overhead). This would be an incentive for the shooter to attend my next shoot and he would most likely enter other events that day as well. This seems to be a win/win for me and the shooter. Has this been tried at other clubs? I would appreciate your comments.

Jim

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

For winners that frequent your club, it's a good idea and may just help populate future shoots.

For the non-frequent flyers, I'd give cash or new boxes of shells.

Curt

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Since they have no investment like an option would have, I'd say go for it.

Jim

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Since they have no investment like an option would have, I'd say go for it.

Jim

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jim- Ask your shooters. The $24 voucher would reduce your income at the subsequent shoots. You can estimate your profit from each shooter per event and then figure out what the voucher actually cost you. I may be that the cost, to the club, of the gift voucher is around $20 so there would not be a lot of savings to the club.

Ask your shooters and do not be surprised if the most common answers are "I don't really care" and " I prefer the cash". The most important thing you could learn is if a lot of your shooters are strongly opposed to the idea.

Pat Ireland

6. VNVET

VNVET Member

This is the second year of the registered trap program at my club and the last shoot for this year is in Nov. Last year I had a sponsor who provided the $750 for the year. This year I raffeled a rifle in hopes of raising the $750. I was not able to sell all the tickets and sponsors are hard to find so I am forced to require a minimum number of shooters for each event to pay the added money. My regular shooters dont care about the money and in fact most will donate any winnings back to the program. We have a great club with good targets and a good back ground. The traps are well maintained and the CVR's are reliable. The food is great and the fellowship is great and I think my regulars would come reguardless. I feel everyone likes to go home with something in their pocket if they win even if it's just a few bucks. This is more important to the newer shooters who may not have reached the point where they love the sport as we do and dont shoot for the money.

I struggle to improve the attendance at my shoots and I really feel this idea might help in that reguard. I will poll my guys and get their thoughts and in the end it will be what they want and they do understand I have to make a few bucks to keep the program alive. If anyone has any other ideas, I would surely like to hear about them. Post on here or send me a PM.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.