1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Added Data 1 oz. Testimonial

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bigclown, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

I got a chance to actually chronograph the 1 oz. load I have been using (the subject of another thread): STS hull, 16.3 gr Clays (MEC #30), Claybuster clone of Win WAA12 wad (white for 1 1/8), Win. 209 primer. 3 feet from muzzle, 5 shots: low 1184 fps; high 1210 fps, avg. 1198 fps, std. dev. 5. At this juncture I do not plan on changing anything...just shoot as is with 7.5 or 8 shot - whatever I have available - results on targets are excellent.
    Best Regards, Ed

2. plott hound

plott hound TS Member

I have been wanting to chronograph that same load. Only I use the waa12SL ( pink ones). I also load 1 1/8 with the # 31 bushing but have found the one oz works much better for me. Have you chronographed the 1 1/8th loads with # 31 bush yet ? Plott Hound

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Plott Hound :

Have you actually weighed the amount the 31 bushing is dropping because a lot of times different lots of powder won't drop the same so it might not be dropping what the chart says.

Fog

4. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

Plott Hound...I am out of WAA12SL Claybuster clones so that is why I used the white 1 1/8 ones. When I weighed an SL wad, it was actually 0.1 gr less than the white one, so I doubt there would be much difference. I haven't tested an 1 1/8 load with a #31 bushing yet, but plan to do so in the next couple of weeks...waiting to meet up with my friend and his chronograph. Watch for results; I will post them on this thread, hopefully in a week or two. Best Regards, Ed

5. plott hound

plott hound TS Member

Fog and Jim.. No I have not weighed a charge as of yet. And do plan to. I wasnt all that worried ecause they are not that close to max yet. Ed will be looking for your findings. Thanks all Plott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.