1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Added categories

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gunner1949, Jul 29, 2013.

1. gunner1949

gunner1949 TS Member

Should we have the new categories? Do we need Lady 2, Junior Gold, Sub-veteran added to the previous categories. Yes or No

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Hell NO ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. 548

548 Guest

No.

I like the idea posted by another person in a different thread. He suggested options be paid out by class and by yardage groups. If you are a class B singles shooter, you are vying for option entries by other class B shooters. If you are a 22 yard handicap shooter, you are only competeing for option monies paid by other mid yardage shooters. Book keeping nightmare I'm sure, but there must be some merit to it since that's how most added monies are awarded.

4. zinger

zinger Member

I think Lady 2 is the only category they should keep. They don't need junior gold or subvet.

5. Shoot n Holler

Shoot n Holler Active Member

NO NO and No

6. The Stive

The Stive Member

Yes Keep them

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

dumb and dumber. They must go along with the 18 & 19 yard caps.

They also need to change the stupid category rule. Shoot off for champion - lose then go right to category. No choice about runner-up or place. You get screwed out of a lot of added money.

Don

8. rem32lady

rem32lady Member

Why should a Lady over the age of 70 be forced to shoot against a Lady in her 50's? If Lady 2 were for ladies over the age of 70,it would be as fair as senior vet. Not everyone can win a trophy in every shoot.
    JMHO
    Deb

9. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

Keep lady 2. Drop all the rest along with 18 & 19 yard line.

10. higun

higun Member

No!

Get rid of them.

11. T.A.K.

T.A.K. Member

I agree that Lady 2 should stay. I thought the junior gold category was created to try and keep college kids in the game but if you're not offering discounted targets through the category like sub junior and junior then it kind of defeats the point. Most college kids leave the game because mum and dad stop picking up the tab and the kids themselves find themselves with no money to shoot anyways. They advertised discounted junior gold targets in the Grand program last year but when I got there there was a sign that said they weren't offering the discount. Probably turned a few shooters off a little.

But as for lady 2, it's tougher for a 70 year old to beat out a lady in their 20s just due to their physical advantage. Keep it.

12. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

I don't like added categories for anyone but kids and elders. I also feel that if you want two chances at winning, you should have to pay more.

13. t-bar

t-bar Member

I agree with zinger...

Tbar

14. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

15. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

lady 2 only

16. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

No! The new categories are ALMOST AS DUMB as the "category rule". Both must go!

Tim

17. Trap4

Trap4 Member

X2 fan, I agree with you.

Trap-4

18. zzoom

zzoom Member

I really can't understand why #of shooters is slowly decreasing. Read some of the threads, lets eliminate some of the handicap yardage, some of the catagory classes. Jesus, let me see how many new sooters I can recruit into this sport!!! How about we change nothing and let the sport die a peaceful death? Move the Grand back to Vandalia when only 5-10 squads show up to shoot at Sparta due to heat or excessive weed growth. Yes, our sport is dying and no one to blame but ourselves.

19. texaswebbshooter

texaswebbshooter Member

Yes to all.These new categories have been a real boon to shooters that were on the edge of getting out of our sport.

20. stilltrying

stilltrying Member