1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Add weight to improve your scores

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

I recently purchased a Blaser super trap after shooting a Guerini for some time. I like the design of the Baser and there weight system. It seemed I was all ways swinging over the target or past the target with the Guerini due to the light weight of the gun. Don't get me wrong the Guerini is a fine gun but not for me. My Scores were terrible. The Blaser weights about 8 lbs 14 oz out of the box. With there new weight system I was able to increase the weight to a little over 10 1/4 pounds. An even amount of weight must be added to front and back of the gun to balance it. How well did it work ?. You be the judge. Average score before on 16 yard with Guerini was 78.88. Now 91.00. Handicap 74.60. Now 88.00. The extra weight and balance seems to slow my swing down and I make smoother swings to the target. Hope it continues. Good shooting. P.s. The release triggers were put in by Pat McCarthy and are outstanding and adjustable. My unsingle is set at 80/20 .

2. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I put on about 10 lbs but it didn`t help my shooting much .

3. smsnyder

That's funny. Wrong kind of weigh unless your Leo.

4. Lurefish

Lurefish Member

I tried a Blazer F3 at the Grand, off the rack it may have been the best shouldering and pointing gun I ever felt. A little more recoil then I'm used to, but a great pointer. I think there were two in the $100,000 shoot-out. If I ever tire of my perazzi's I would definitely buy one......Ken Jeffries

5. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I was begged to shoot the new Blaser this last weekend. The salesmen adjusted the comb to where I was looking down the rib and adjusted the gun to shoot near 80/20 and I ink balled all 25 I shot at. I shoot a Max T/A which I am starting to shoot very well but I must say there is something about the F3 that just felt right. I have never shot a new gun (to my shoulder) that allowed me to hit those targets as hard as I did especially with so little adjusting. Only time will tell if they will hold up. I have already heard that there has been some issues with the ribs coming off from a stripped screw. They will have some bugs to cure but as well as that gun felt I must admit it has me thinking.

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

It's always puzzled the heck out of me as to why so many shooters would rather make a gun heavier and harder to start/stop than make the effort to learn to control a lighter, more responsive gun.

MK

7. smsnyder

I tend to whip a light gun around with little control. More weight forces a smoother and slower swing. Don 't forget 10 year warranty.

8. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Heavier gun less = felt recoil. Especially with 3 Dram Handicap loads. JMHO

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Earl, we also need to put lead on the bottom of your shoes...LOL!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.