1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Add. $$ to NRA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BIGDON, Jun 5, 2013.

1. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

As I write the check I can't help but wonder how many others make additional donations to the NRA. Received a request for emergency donation to "legislative action group" for monies to fight the pending legislation in Congress. The battle is far from over.

Just wondering.

Don

2. Fhil Whiner

Fhil Whiner TS Member

Signed my 2 kids and my wife up as new life members

3. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I donate quite often. It's easy to sacrifice a meal out or a movie to help benefit our cause. If every one of our 4,000,000 plus members would donate 10-20 bucks a month, the NRA would be a juggernaut.

4. doublea

doublea Member

I recently joined the NRA. As a new member who paid with a check up front, I have so far received 3 magazines and 3 renewal notices. Do they always waste so much money on renewal notices 9 and 10 months early? Adam

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yes adam, they do. Some will tell you a simple phone call will make it stop. It won't.

-Gary

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I am a Life Member for over 30 years, used to donate every year until I took into consideration the amount of money they spend trying to get me to renew my "LIFE" membership ... I figure if they can waste that much money on bogus renewals to members they don't need my money ... I have called and sent E Mails to no avail ... Once (IF) they stop I will renew my practice of sending them donations ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

The people who are too cheap to help us keep our Second Amendment rights will always find some stupid reason not to help. The NRA with ILA is the only reason you still have guns.

jim brown

8. beeper

beeper Member

I'm thinking of writing a check for $500 so Wayne can buy a new silk suit from Brooks Brothers for his next TV gig.

beeper

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Since this first posted I have recieved another renewal form for my Life Membership ... I felt bad about not making a donation so I shredded the form and a check made out to the NRA for $5,000, having done my part I feel much better now ... I put a note (another one) in the envelope telling them what was enclosed and thanking them for keeping in touch ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

those renewal notices are contracted out most likely....a 3rd party probably is contracted out to send out renewal notices and spam the membership lists. When dealing with 3rd party contractors, there is no common sense, they just execute the statement of work as outline in the contract and that's it.

11. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Anyone know how many more opportunities I'm going to get, to lower my electric bill?

Bob Falfa