1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ADD ON RIBS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TD1958, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TD1958

TD1958 Member

What ever happened to the guy that was posting on TS about makimg his own delrin ribs? I beleive he was just getting started and showed some of the work he did. I sure would like to see if he is still making ribs. Thanks, Tim

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I think that was IAN Smugler... He pops up here and there.. Good guy to deal with.. He also makes custom barrel weights..

3. Gayles57

Gayles57 Member

Here is another one.

http://www.midiowamachine.com/products.htm

Likes to shoot can give some additional information.

Gayle

4. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

This way you can clicky instead of cut and paste.

5. TD1958

TD1958 Member

Thanks, Tim

6. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

If you want a quality job done, contact Dave Berlet in New Knoxville, Ohio. 419-753-2557. You will not regret the quality, service and price. GREAT WORK, I have three of them.

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Berlet does great work.

8. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I have done some for myself in the past, and just sold a couple on here from a personal project that didn't pan out. I have mine waterjet cut so as to not impart any additional heat into the material (plastic doesn't like the heat of laser cutting). If you have a CAD program, and a local waterjet cutter, there pretty easy to make, so long as your tapering the rib in only one direction (either in width or height). I could do them to sell to people, but by the time i get the material in, inspect it (about half of what I order has to be sent back b/c of warpage), and get it waterjet cut, put it on the barrel, and ship it out, I would have to charge a lot more than going rate for these ribs.

My recommendation would be Josh @ MidIowa, with Keensights a close second.

9. dalog

dalog Member

You might be referring to Jollytrapshooter.

His site is linked above.

10. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

That's me. I've got a few pictures of ribs that I've done in the past on the "Gallery" part of the website posted above, right now I'm working on a 1.181" tall rib with slanted posts. If you have any questions, feel free to get a hold of me. Thanks, Josh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.