1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Add on ribs for 391

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Frank Cusmano, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. has anyone done this

2. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Frank,

Why do you ask? What are you considering?

Rollin

3. if my comb all the down, I can line the beads up but the gun shoots very, very flat. If I put the comb up, the gun will shoot higher but I can't line the beads up. This is why I'm considering a higher rib. Thank you Rollin

4. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I recently bought a 391 Target which came with 2 ribs. A 50/50 and 70/30. The one thing I hate about these ribs is they reflect light horribly making it difficult to properly get a good figure 8 as the 2 beads blend in with the reflection. My 682 Gold E combo does not have that problem. Berettas been making shotguns long enough where they should not have allowed this to happen.

5. Rollin Oswald

Frank,

You will need an adjustable rib to both align the beads and raise your POI. Just adding a higher palallel rib will not do it. If I recall correctly, Moneymaker makes tapered add-on ribs, which can be fashoned to offer a bead alignment and a POI of your choice. Keen-Sights may offer them as well.

Rollin

6. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Frank,

We have been doing Delrin add-on ribs since 1992 for almost any gun. We can maintain, raise or lower the POI what ever a shooter needs. The is a photo on our web sit that will show you what the rib looks like. All you have to do is send us the barrel and we custom fit the rib onto your barrel. The cost is $350.00 and takes ten days or less. The shop number is 330-456-5130.

Thank you,

Dennis Devault

7. ray 4n6

ray 4n6 TS Member

had one from keensights that I put on my 391 all by myself and seems to work fine. Feel free to e mail me for more info.

8. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

9. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

There's no law that says that the beads have to line up. In fact, seeing some space between the ribs let's you see more of the rib with your dominant eye which helps prevent cross-firing. I see a lot of space between the beads on my 391 and it doesn't bother me at all. Try it first before you spend several hundred dollars for something you might not need.
    It's funny that people make a big deal about a "longer sighting plane" and then want the beads lined up so they don't even see the rib.

10. Rollin Oswald

Dicktax;

Good point! I had not considered the benefit seeing more rib surface.

Rollin

11. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Hey irfner,
    I'll bet you a dime your Brownings worse than my 682.....

12. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Check on the link above to look at their detailed information. I agree with the other posters that ask what are you trying to do? Some want a higher rib, some want to eliminate or reduce cross fire, and others want to change their POI. Once you know your goal, then you can see there are several ways to get there from here. IMHO Your rib may vary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.