1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Add-on Ribs and Comb for Citori?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tweintraub, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tweintraub

tweintraub Member

Hello: I have a Browning Citori 425 Grade 1 shotgun that I am using for trap. Its a wonderful gun but is a very flat shooting gun. In speaking to folks on the range, they suggested that I get a gun with an adjustable comb and raised ribs. My stock can't be modified to have a build-in adjustable comb. My question is..is there something I can do to add a comb on top of the existing stock? Also, what about add-on ribs, like those made at keensights.com?

I would like to hear your thoughts. I love my Citori and not anxious to buy another gun if this one can be converted in some way. Thanks T.I.

2. GOT A PAIR

GOT A PAIR TS Member

T.I.- Have a look at the Browning Citori XT a true trap gun, you might like it.

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Find yourself a stock that can have or does have an adjustable comb. If the gun shoots flat already, You don't need an adjustable rib. You just need to be able to raise the pattern up if needed. An adjustable comb will do that.

Jeff

4. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Consider a Scope Eze. See web link. I have added these to a couple of field guns and it raises and makes the comb parallel. This will raise your POI. I used the 1/4 inch one. It is a "permanent application". I have also tried the strap-on one, but it is kind of hokey looking, but might be a way to see if it does what you want. You will see more rib when you mount the gun, but it will shoot higher for trap. Mark

5. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Some 425's were sold with an adjustable comb. Why can't yours be altered?

6. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Call Ken Rucker at Speedbump Stockworks. I bet he can handle the com and he can help you order the rib from keensites.
    Jimmy

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Scope Eze works fine, but it's a soft comb which sometimes makes it hard to keep the same sight picture. Also you're stuck with one height once you put it on. 1/4" or 3/8" I think.
    The best quick fix is moleskin. Admittedly it's not the prettiest, but you can add as many layers as you want, or take some off if you made it too high.
    It's also far and away the least expensive - won't cost more than a couple dollars. You can make it thinner on the sides than the top by simply the way you layer it. It's a little bit of a cushion, but pretty firm
    The 2010 national sporting clays champion has some on the stock of his
    Zoli over and under. He didn't seem to be embarrassed by it as he was beating everyone.

8. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I had an adjustable comb cut in both my 425 and my 325. Who ever said it cant be done either has no idea what they are talking about or you have some non-standard aftermarket stock. Tron is the go to guy for an adjustable comb.

9. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

ANY Browning 12 ga Citori is an easy comb job. I just did a 425 Friday. I also install 2-3 Keensights Ribs a week.....

Ken Rucker...Speedbump Stockworks

10. Ralph1100

Ralph1100 Member

I put a Keensights rib on my Citori. Very happy with it.

11. Zardozforty

Zardozforty Member

Oregunner, what do you mean a "permanent application"?

How is it attached.

I have stocks that are too high, and I'm thinking about leaving the adjutable wooden comb off and placing the appliance to the stock instead.

But I'd want to take it off in case I didn't like it.

Think it'd work?

12. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

This piece sticks onto a field stock with double stick tape. I don't think it would work for you. If you took off your adjustable comb, this wouldn't fill the gap well, and would still be too high. See pic
    oregunner_2008_03038.jpg

13. Zardozforty

Zardozforty Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
add raised rib on citori hunter
add rib on citori hunter
addd a rib for browning shotguns
adding olympic add a rib to citori trap
plastic shotgun ribs

preferred cut for adjustable comb on citori